Thursday, September 25, 2008

Jumble O Thoughts

Lately it seems my life is just flying by. My mind seems like an ocean of half thoughts, unfinished projects, and well at the end of the day feeling like I accomplished nothing. Several months ago I decided I needed to change; I needed to add some sort of order to my life. Around the same time, I was thinking of putting together a chore chart for Maddy. So I was searching “3 year old chore chart” and came across a great blog. simplemom.net, she is an American mom living overseas, and her blog is about making life simple. She really has some great ideas. So back to my ocean of half thoughts, this week her blog entry “Get stuff done at home, by getting stuff off the brain” is just what I needed. So Im taking her suggestion and Im writing everything down in a notepad. I mean everything. I have only been doing it 2 days, but so far so good. My mind already seems clearer. She has several other ideas, which I have also implemented.

By far the best home tip that I have started is “15 minutes”. I still do a deep clean once a week. But every day, no matter how tired, busy, or lazy we are, Trever and I do whatever we can get done in 15 minutes. Really it’s surprising what can get done in 15 minutes. The house is always at minimum tidy, which I need. Clutter and messes drive me nuts. Maddy has a chore chart, and putting her toys away twice a day is part of her chores. Works for me because her doll laying on the floor doesn’t drive me nuts, knowing in 2 short hours it will be toy clean up time.

So we will see how the writing everything down goes in the next couple weeks. My goal is for a clear mind to think about the things that want to think about

No comments: