Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Passing of Grandma Vi




Trever’s grandma Vi passed away, so this past weekend we headed down to Elmo for the funeral. We hit a storm on the way down, some family members had to turn around and go home. It was a pretty scary drive, but we made it. The service was very nice. Vi was a great lady, so kind hearted but could also run cattle with the best of them. Trever’s grandparents were true cowboys; I had never met a real cowboy before them. The first time I went to Elmo I was about 17 years old and never really been out of the city. So after an eye opening day in the desert, and navigating around a small town, Trever and Tyler take me to their grandpa’s house. He immediately decides we need to watch a new video he had gotten on how to deliver a calf. The boys fall asleep, and I'm left with this weird cowboy learning how to deliver a calf. Pretty crazy day, but it’s been great experience spending time with them. They are both missed. Thanks to Ty and Sara, I am now the proud owner of that very video.

The rest of the weekend was a nice visit with Grandma and Grandpa Elmo. Maddy got to feed baby lambs and a calf with a bottle, and hold baby bunnies. Kennedy really liked the bunnies. I think Maddy's favorite part of going down there is going out with Grandpa to collect the eggs every morning, and a few sneak peeks throughout the day.

No comments: