Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New Deck


The starting, the "redder" deck is the old one.

With the heat starting to fall, its been nice to go outside and watch TV while hanging out on our new deck. The girls love it, and I must admit I think its pretty fun to watch a move outside too. Reminds me of when I did "sleep out pig outs" with my dad, Maddy will experience that soon!

We FINALLY got the deck we always wanted. When we were building the house the builders just were not interested in building the deck we wanted so we settled. So happens our friend Mike use to build decks for a living, he was kind enough to donate at least 70 hours of his time to build us a deck. And we love it! It now connects the backdoor to our bedroom door. And its not wood, so no more painting! Mike did a really good job, there are no screw holes you can see which is why it took so long but it looks amazing!

Im not sure what happened, I had pictures from start to finish almost every day they worked, but they have disappeared. SO I just took this picture tonight, its dark and knot that great but you get the idea. Its a great deck, we are loving it.

No comments: