Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Chicago

I went to Chicago his month. I had never been and my cousin Shane was getting married there so we decided to go. My mother was my traveling campaign, and we had a great time.
We arrived in Chicago very late Wednesday night, after 3 itinerary changes (still not so happy with Delta). Thursday morning Katrina and Shane had arranged to have her father take Mom, Connie, Craig and I to the Museum of Science and Industry, WOW what a fascinating place.Mom and I

In the front of the museum, not just everybody gets to see this, There is no way to walk to the front steps its only by boat. Katrina's dad use to work there so he wanted us to see how pretty it was. It was raining and we had no umbrellas, but in the end we made it out there :)
There were so many real planes, helicopters, trains, and my favorite the real submarine. We got to tour the sub, it was so neat. It was the U 505 (German) that the US took down, it was very fascinating to see what living quarters 58 men had to survive in. I'm not a claustrophobic person, but I think anybody would feel uneasy in there after an hour, it was very tiny inside..
Sox stadium, we didn't actually stop this was good enough for me

Obamas house in Chicago. My aunt Connie, mom and I got out and as we were walking across the street secert service came in front and back of us. He wasnt even in the US as the time! We were told to stay on the other side of the street.
Katrina's dad had a friend that lived on the 63rd floor of a building right down town and allowed us all to go up there. Although the weather was not great, it was so beautiful. My camera is not the best to begin with and it seemed messed up, so here is the best picture I could get. It does no justice, it was so peaceful up there
Same place, picture of Trump towers. Again weather wasn't good so you cant see the top of the building but this is how close we were to it, and shows how tall trump is to a 63 floor building.
My bestest cousin Jenny and I
The weather didn't get any better by our second day. Most of our traveling campaigns stayed behind , but my cousin Shannon and I hit the city for some more site seeing. It rained the whole time, and not just drizzle it was a downpour the whole time. Our umbrellas were broke in the first few minutes which made for an interesting day, but it was a lot of fun. This was standing on the glass box on the Sears tower 103 floors up. The street is right below if I were to fall!
Shannon standing in one box taking pic of me in another box. I wish the weather was better, pictures would have showed how neat this was.
The wedding. The groomsman all wore Kilts, pretty dang cute was the 2 year old in a Kilt! It was a very beautiful wedding, and the reception was so much fun! We all danced until it was over.

No comments: