Monday, January 25, 2010

Not up to much


Maddy thought it would be nice to take a picture of Kennedy upset about nap time, what a good sister. We had been playing "summer", that's how boring things have been.
Its been a pretty boring January. I'm never a fan of January and February, one of the reasons I wanted to book our trip in February. The longest two months of the year, and they seem to last forever! Its even harder when you go to the store and they have all the swimming suits out, really we are at least 4-5 months from swimming!!

Trever has been on a run of graveyard shifts, I let the girls have sleepovers in my bed sometimes on weekends when hes on graves

Making daddy a pineapple pudding layered cake. Ok maybe I thought it sounded good. But I did buy Maddy a kids cookbook and we make something out of it almost daily. The other day was apple with peanut butter in the middle, pretty yummy. Yesterday Maddy made daddy "lucky party punch" she was so excited. Basically it was just a soda float, but she had alot of fun making it for him.

Last year during preschool I never really knew what to do with all Maddy's projects, I mean they really pile up. This year Mrs. Sweet gave us parents the idea of taking a monthly picture of everything and then only keeping the really important projects. What a great idea, so I have a folder I put her stuff in every day, then at the end of every month I take a picture of it all. When shes not home (because she throws NOTHING away), I toss most of it. Then at the end of the year I will make a folder with all the special projects I kept, and pictures of each month. Brilliant if you ask me

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love that you two cook together every day - that's great! I can't WAIT until summer, or just spring for that matter.