Friday, November 12, 2010

Halloween 2010

Another busy Halloween. I let Maddy pick what she wanted to be this year, she picked a mid evil princess.. she picked, but it turned out really cute. I figure this is my last year I get to pick for Kennedy, I saw the cutest spider costume in a way overpriced magazine and told my mother in law (aka sewing goddess) a picture of the costume and got just what the picture showed. Kylie was admiring a costume out of the same magazine that was $200, Barb offered to make it for far else and it turned out so amazing. I told her she better keep it as a prom dress.
We had our annual family party, it was all good other then Trever dressing up....


There costumes turned out so cute

Kennedy so proud of her pumpkin she carved

Maddys pumpkin

Tyler and Sara's party went as planned.. really fun right up until the end when someone ruins it.. sad to say my last name was involved this year. But still a great party

Some of the girls

Family 2010 Halloween pic
Since this year it was raining we decided we better give the local trunk or treat a try since the rain may ruin the real trick or treating. It was a better experience then I thought, it was nice seeing all the neighbors in a quick time, the kids got enough candy it didn't matter if it rained, and my duty was done. But I still believe the fun of trick or treating comes from going house to house. We had some family and friends come over and a few ventured back out into the rain for "real" trick or treating. Maddy went and loved it, but she was a soaked mid evil princess in the end.

Kids before trick or treating

All of us before trick or trunking, the picture after would have been better! We were all soaked


Haunted house
We took Maddy to her first haunted house. She begged to go last year, I just felt it was too soon and didn't want to ruin her for life. I had hoped she would forget, but nope she reminded us daily throughout the haunted house season. So Trev and I decided we better take her, Kristin and Dante came with us.. it was also Dante first time. In the end we all had a blast. Dante was afraid to walk in the front and Maddy was brave enough to be our guide the whole time. She really only got scared when it got pitch dark, and the "chainsaw" guys were running after mom.."thats my mommy" she was screaming. She is already talking about next year haunted houses.

No comments: