Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Camping!



Last summer our trucks engine blew up, and the trailer we had was not really what we wanted. So we sold the truck and trailer. With the baby being born this year, and having no truck or trailer we really didn’t think we would make it camping this year. We did purchase a new truck a couple weeks ago, but still not trailer. However with the generosity of my sister(Deana) and brother(Jay) in law (they just purchased a 40 foot trailer, that has a “garage” in the back of it, that worked out just perfect for my family) we were able to make it out this year. We went to Morgan and camped along the golf course and river, since we were in a golf tournament on Saturday. Im horrible at golf, luckily it’s a scramble and best ball! The girls and I went up Thursday night, and Trever joined us Friday morning with Jeff and Renee Miller some friends of ours. Maddy got to have sleepovers with her cousin Kaycee on the top bunk which she thought was pretty cool. This was Kennedy’s first camping trip, other then only sleeping about 8 hours a night she did great! Saturday night Trever and I and some other friends went tubing down the Weber River. I think I am going to take this on as a new hobby, it so much fun and what a rush when you make it through some rapids, or falls. Last year at this same camping location, I got some really odd bug bites. After two doctor trips and one pharmacist I am still unsure what kind of bugs I was bitten by. I have to believe it was chiggers, but they are not too common in Utah and well the thought alone makes me itchy. This year I only got a few of the weird bites, but Maddy ended up with more then her fair share. Poor girl looks like she has the chicken poxes. She is doing a great job at not itching them, and doesn’t even flinch when I clean them out with peroxide. Hoping to make it camping again this season, but not so sure that will happen. So Im very grateful we made it out this weekend.

My mother was in Alaska over the weekend, and I could have gone with her. But I didn’t want to leave Kennedy for over a week twice in the first 4 months of her life, so I opted to not go. So it was nice to get to do something fun with the girls.

No comments: