Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Catching up



OK, so I haven't written on this blog as often as I had originally intended too, but I'm going to keep trying. So alot has happened in the past few months. The most exciting news was the arrival of Miss Kennedy Belle Jennings born May 5th. She was born at 3:33 am Monday morning weighing in at 7lbs 4 ounces 21 inches. I had scheduled a c-section for Wednesday May 7 (off the wall fact I was born the same day as my great grandma and if Kennedy had been born this day she would have been born the same day as her great grandma)th, however I really didn't want to have surgery so I was hoping she would come on her own. Luckily, Sunday morning my water broke about 11am. After hours of wondering "am I just peeing my pants", "I can't possibly pee my pants over and over", we decided we better head to the hospital. We checked in about 3pm, around 6pm we headed over to Arby's to grab some dinner. While eating I felt my first contraction, and holy love THEY HURT. The monitor at the hospital said I had been having contractions but I simply wasn't feeling any of them. However, trying to leave Arby's to get back to the hospital was no easy task. I suddenly has so much sympathy for all those women how have Braxton hick contractions throughout their entire pregnancy. Looking back now, I was so blessed I received my epidural as soon as I arrived back to the hospital. Then it was a very LONG night of watching movies until little Kennedy decided it was time to come. The nurse came in and said it was time to push, after about 3 sessions of pushing she said it was time to stop pushing. She left to go call the doctor, but Kennedy was ready to meet us right then. Trever and my mom delivered their first baby! The doctor was about 20 minutes too late.
After all the
madness calmed down, all Trever and I wanted was to finally get to see Maddy meet her baby sister for the first time. She walked in the room, and the look in her eyes is something I will never forget. Maddy was so excited! Too this day, she tells everybody "that is my baby" she is so proud of her baby sister. Kennedy is doing so well, she is now 8 weeks old. She is sleeping about 7-8 hours a night, last night was almost 9 hours! Yeah!
Its been so fun being off work, we have been to the zoo, liberty park, swimming, concerts, lagoon, and many play dates with friends. Trever and I even got our first over night get away to
Wendover. We lost, but had a ton of fun! Playing blackjack all night is just what I needed. My goal is to jot something in the blog at least twice a month, we'll see what happens!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Your mom is such a superwoman! Is there anything she can't do, including deliver a baby?! Way to go grandma! :)