Friday, October 10, 2008

Bad Week






What a horrible week this has been. It started out with me having to work 40 hours, yes 40 hours. I have not had to work 40 hours since before Maddy was born. Then Trever finds out his grandmother is going back East to visit some family and is unlikely to come home, as her health is failing. He takes the girls down to Elmo to spend some time with her before she takes off. So, I'm left home alone with no family. I was actually thinking I was going to get some good sleep, nope the opposite. I could not sleep, and to make it worse the dogs were freaking out that the girls were gone. Brody kept running from room to room, finally about 3 am I had to go sit in each of their rooms with him and explain they would be home in a few days and they were fine. STEVE at his finest. Trever and the girls made it home after a nice visit with Grandma Betty, Grandma Vi, and Grandma Elmo. I started to feel a little better when I had my family home. But I was back to work before I knew it (remember the 40 hour thing), and wanting nothing more then to be home with my family. Then I find out my grandfather passed away. He was in alot of pain, so it was time. But it still hurts, my heart is sad. He was a wonderful man, that lived the most amazing life. He wrote an autobiography and I cant wait to read it. Its going to be a hard couple of days, it seems like I'm living 10 months ago all over again. Keep strong, that's what we have to do.
On a lighter note, the Treehouse museum was amazing. We are going back soon to do the normal admission, what we did last week was a special thing they do for Halloween. It was really cute, they do it every Friday during October. The kids start out trying to help find 5 dragons and along the way they run into characters such has Little Miss Muffet, Cinderella, Alice and the rabbit, Knights etc. eventually they find the main dragon and have to learn the magic word to make him a nice dragon. Very cute program, and the kids had to walk from place to place so they didn't get antsy and stayed interested. Before all this, Maddy went to the Dentist, I had debated on going to regular vs. petatric dentist. Im happy I decided to go with the petatric, they made it a great experience. She has no cavities and everything looks great. However her adult teeth do have the crown edges like mine do, it was pretty neat seeing her adult teeth from the X-rays. And Maddy thought it was cool that she got to put "stickers" in her mouth and bite down on them and hold really still while the lady took a picute. She still says "that was so silly, putting stickers in my mouth"
Today we went up to the park by Mountain Dell golf course up East Canyon. So pretty, not everything is changing colors yet but it was still gorgeous. Maddy was excited to get to hang with her old daycare friends from Vicky's. Kennedy thinks she needs to eat again, how else is she going to make it to 18 pounds :)

No comments: