Friday, October 24, 2008

Eddie P. Mayne Kearns Senior Center


This morning my father was honored once again. The Kearns Senior Center was redidacated as the Eddie P. Mayne Kearns Senior Center. Several years ago my father felt the seniors on the west side deserved a place they could come together and spend time with one another. He did what he did best, and got the funding to build the Kearns Senior Center. With his passing, it only seemed fitting to name the center after my father. My mother gave a very heartfelt speech expressing her graditude for everybodys support over the last year. It is very unfortunate my grandfather couldnt be there, as he spent alot of time and effort helping my father get the center built. My grandmother was in attendance, so proud of her son.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Look at you blog - little blogger girl! Wow - a lot has happened in the last month for you. Life is never what you expect but you are right, hang in there and as I like to quote Dori, "Just keep swimming." Love ya!