Thursday, October 16, 2008

Little of Everything





Kennedy will not roll over, she is almost 6 months old and just wont do it. It is kinda nice not having to be as alert once your child starts rolling over, but wow she is going to be the only 6 month old not rolling over. Maybe she is just going to skip rolling over. The doctor says since all her other motor skills are fine, and she can sit up on her own there is nothing to be worried about. Comforting.. I guess. Maybe its just hard to roll 18 pounds of cuteness. She is so full of smiles, today I had her and Maddy in the tub and she giggled at Maddy for a good 10 minutes straight. Cant help but be happy when a baby laughs. She is still a very happy baby, if she cries its for a reasonable reason and usually its she is hungry. She will play for hours by herself if I let her.
Maddy is doing well too. So talkative and social, she is not shy and will talk to anybody. Its nice to see the confidence she has in herself, but its a bit scary when she will talk to anybody out in public. Couple months before she turned 2 she came to me and said "I don't want to wear a diaper anymore", and that was the end of diapers for her. Within a day or two she was potty trained, I was a bit scared not sure if I was ready to have to run to the bathroom every time she needed to go. But I figured if she is ready, lets go. Just like that, she came to me couple weeks ago and said "mom lets do my reading cards", so that began her reading. We started the program my mom uses with her first graders (pictured). She is doing very well, she has most all 3-4 letter words down, as long as they don't have any long vowels or funky tricks. She really enjoys trying to read everything. Its hard to explain to her why she is having a hard time reading "St. Maarten" on my sweatshirt, sweetie little words first. As a ritual, we read 3 books before bed and as a joke I pointed to the word balloon and said what is that word, I'll be damned she sounded it out and yelled "balloon", I was a very proud mama. It looks like at only 3 years old, she is taking after her uncle Tyler and will be reading novels at 5.
The boys are doing great. Bones got to go duck hunting today, I really wondered if he still had it in him but he did great and had fun. Brody is still a nut case, just the way we like him.

I will be so happy when campaign 2008 is over. I'm so sick of watching Presidential/Vice Presidential debates, sifting through all the articles and having to find out what is true or a blanat lie. What a dirty election year, of course mostly on Mccain/Palin side but Obama/Biden haven't been angels either.
It will be nice to have my mother back, we haven't been to lunch in months, our Friday tradition. I know she will win, her heart belongs to this community and voters see that. Its been an exhausting couple of months, but well worth it I love having the competitive spirit, specially when somebody is messing with my mom. We haven't really had to campaign since my dad first ran in 1994 or was it 95? So it has been fun.
But most of all, I will just die if McCain/Palin win. I may very seriously consider moving to Canada, I still have some of their currency from when I was there 15 years ago. Think my couple dollars will get me started??
Well, I'm off to clean some baseboards. I know I know, this is what my life has become and really I love it. OK that was cheesy, but really I hate dirty baseboards specially when I see Kennedy trying to lick them. Must wash...
And lets not forget my wonderful husband Trever. Who has been hunting all day, and will continue to hunt all weekend, I mean all month. But the few moments in between he does what I need him to do. I had him dusting fans and behind TV's today! Love you babe!

No comments: