Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas 2008




What an amazing Christmas we had. We had so many blessings this year. With the horrible economic state, we were still able to have a good Christmas with no stress. Thanks to Dave Ramsey... still the best thing I ever did!! Anyways, also Trever was able to have the whole day off. When he got hired at Chevron last year they told him to expect to work every Christmas, and well just about every Holiday for the first 10 years. So I was very excited he was able to be home with us. This was the first year Maddy was really excited for Christmas. Last year she kinda understood, but not really. This year we did the count down, with a Santa beard she made at preschool. Every day for 25 days we added a cotton ball to his beard, and every day she would count how many days were left til Christmas. She still has a hard time from 16 to 17 for some reason but the rest she can count. Christmas Eve we had dinner with the neighbors, then came home for our tradition of opening PJ's. Kennedy got her first pair of big girl PJ's, 2 piece!! Well, this takes me back to Xmas eve morning. The night before Trever and I stayed up putting together a doll house that Santa would be bringing to Maddy. I had to work the next morning, so I tell him "take the box outside, I'm going to bed" he says "OK" A simple task this was. Well he got busy on the computer and forgot to take the box outside. So Xmas eve morning I go to work, and Trever and Maddy head downstairs to hook up a TV we had gotten the day before. Maddy keeps telling Trever "Wow daddy this is so neat" and he responds with I know honey, this TV is so cool". Until he gets up and realizes shes looking at the box with the picture of the doll house on it. Dork. He quickly grabs the box and says "oh that was just an old box " she says "oh but dad didn't a toy come out of it" he says "nope, just an old box". He must have pulled it off, because Christmas morning she was so excited and mentioned nothing about the box.
I was grateful my mother joined us Christmas morning. We all got a lot of neat gifts, and as it should be Kennedy enjoyed the boxes more then any of the toys! Maddy's favorite toys were her doll house, and dress up doctor stuff.
By about 8 the snow was getting pretty bad. Everyone was canceling on breakfast at my moms, which has been a tradition for as long as I can remember. I was already feeling pretty bummed we would be missing my dad and grandpa this year. Then my brother said he wasnt coming. Luckily the the roads cleared up enough, and they ended up making it. We had a delious breakfast. Later Trevers Dad, Step mom, Ty and Sara came up to the house. Had nice visit and gift exchange with them, and then just a relaxing night with the family. It was a very nice Christmas, I am very grateful. I can only hope every Christmas is as good.

2007 was a pretty bad year, I said 2008 has to be a better year. 8am on Jan 1 I was at the emergency room, Maddy had stuck a bandaid up her nose so far I couldnt get it. The billing problems that followed made me, more then crazy. Im sure the pregnancy did not help in the craziness. I started what could have been called... stalking the doctor. Hey, I got the bill down to a reasonable amount!! Craziness does payoff, sometimes. So although it was a bit of a better year. Im really hoping for a great 2009!!!

Kennedy got her second tooth, a fang. Im not sure what is wrong with my children, but they get their fang teeth so early. Maddy looked like a vampire for 6 months until her other teeth grew in. Still not really crawling, she scoots to her destination. She can stand up on her own for couple seconds, and get to a standing position with only the help of somebodies fingers. Everybody is betting she will walk before she crawls. Im begining to think they might all be right. Maddy started crawling at about 10 months, and walked about 2 weeks later. Im guessing Kennedy will do the same.

1 comment:

Mrs. Ferguson said...

Look at how much fun I'm going to have your house tonight!!! All those toys!